Thursday, January 16, 2014

Marcus Tells of Penguins



Marcus:  Humor is something to be thankful for, so here I am telling Sam a story.  He thought it was funny, so I thought you might like to hear it too.

Sam is way older than I am and he didn't know this about dead penguins.  I bet you didn't either.

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica? Where do they go? Wonder no more!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.  The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow." "Freeze a jolly good fellow."

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

I hope you don't mind if I keep reminding everyone I'm only here temporarily.  I don't want to leave but I need a home of my own.  Jan says I'm a little cuddlebug and I'm trying hard to learn to behave like a grownup but I'm only 10 weeks old, so I'm still a young pup.  I'm in Thomaston, GA. You can read more about me in Marcus Speaks

We're joining the This 'N That Thursday blog hop co-hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs and Ruckus the Eskie.







And we're joining Pepi Smart Dog for the Thankful Thursday blog hop.


10 comments:

  1. Hey there Marcus - u iza good story teller - u really had us almost b-leevin'u UNTIL u started singin'that song.

    We all wood love to give u a home here in Kansas BUTT mom sez we ain't got room. B-sidez - we hardly EVER git out fer walkiez an'haf no idea what hikez r like.
    X-cept fer goin'to the dogtor an'Petsmart, 'boutz all we ever git to do iz go out in our bakyard - NOT good fer a growin'pup like yourself. Both me'n Diva Shasta don't like it much BUTT, cood b worse. BUTT we iz shure that a fine cutie-patootie will git that forever home an'u got Jan helpin'to!
    Shiloh'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, thanks for hopping on TNT this week. I spy a white nose there..that wouldn't by any chance belong to an eskie would it? Although there is some tan hue..maybe a lab?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD Marcus you should have told that one at the NYE Comedy Club!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD - that was GREAT! I'm reading and thinking, "Does anyone really spend enough time with penguins to observe what happens to the dead ones?" That was awesome!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining TNT. Oh my that is the funniest story. I needed a good laugh after a long day.

    Is Marcus really only temporary? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story Marcus! With that sense of humor you'll have a forever home VERY soon. ;) Meghan at 2catsandacattledog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always appreciate a good penguin joke! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me fooled until the song. Pretty good at telling a story.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcus, you is funny! We thought fur sure you knew what you were talking about, MOL!

    Good luck finding your furever home.

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.