Tuesday, July 14, 2015

YAM-aunty of Blogville

MARCUS:  Have we ever got an unusual post for you today.  In fact it's a first time ever post!  You aren't going to believe-

SAM::  What are you babbling about, Marcus?  We do interviews all the time.  What makes this one unusual?

MERCI:  This time we are not interviewing a furry (or three or ten).  We're interviewing YAM-aunty, a human from the My Take: Doses of Wild Yam - The Menomoirs.  And she has quite an interesting life.

BUDDY:  Perhaps we should call People Magazine, The New York Times and ....  Nah,  those big news sources wouldn't know who the Funny Farmer Canines are.  Guess we should just publish our post.


Funny Farmer Canines:  Most Blogville humans are pawrents of a four-legged furry.  You are a human affectionately known as "AuntiyYam" or "Yam-aunty".   Please introduce yourself and tell us how this title originated?

YAM-aunty:  Hari Om and thank you! I live on the West Coast of Scotland with a view 'doon the watter' of the Clyde.

As to the title... The tradition in India is to call some one respectfully, who is friendly and elder to you,  'uncle' or 'aunty' and it is generally said after the name.  My name is Yamini, hence YAM-aunty was my instinctive sign-off for comments.

Before moving to India in 2011, I had lived in Sydney for over 20 years and for 17 of those years had furkids; Jet the guinea pig, Jasper Cat and Jade Dog. I have had animals around me all  my life - from the sheep and cattle on my Grandad's small holding farm in the Scottish borders, to cats, bunnies, tortoises, fish, birds.  When I first found Blogville, I knew I had found a 'home' and, due to my sign-off, I was adopted as the general aunty to efurryone here.  Whilst I maintain standing in other areas, and run two other blogs (photo and also spiritual teaching blog), this is the place I love to play and relax. Blogville rocks!!!

Funny Farmer Canines:  Tell us a little about the area where you live.

YAM-aunty:  As mentioned above, I am in the Bonny Land these days. It is reached either by a very long but extremely beautiful road trip - or by ferry. This lends an other-worldly feel to the place. It might as well be an island! I can see the water, busy with all kinds of shipping, and out the other side of my window, are the hills. Much of the territory is covered in fir tree plantations, but there is also grazing for sheep and lots of gorse bushes. However, the key disadvantage here is the weather. It is winter and wet for about 95% of the year!

Funny Farmer Canines:  We understand you have shared your life with furpals but don't have one at the moment.  Do you think Blogville will be getting a new furry resident anytime in the future?

YAM-aunty:  Oh if you only knew how I keep tabs on all the adoption sites! However, despite the heart's temptation, the head must rule in the short term. Eventually there will be an adoption but for the moment I do travel a lot and I would not want to put any animal (or myself) through the separation anxiety. It is one of the reasons I am so involved in Blogville and sponsoring - and adopt stuffies.  Gotta have my fur-fix! One thing you can be sure of, when a furry MacLean does turn up, s/he will have their very own bloggy!

Funny Farmer Canines:  You sponsor two pups as a "default".  Tell us a little about them.

YAM-aunty:  Firstly, there is ISAAC, guide pup in training. I have always supported the Guide Dogs Association (here and in OZ), so when I realised I could contribute in this very direct manner by being part of a pup's journey from birth to active service, I knew I had to do it. Deciding which pup to take on was tricky though, so I put it to the vote.  Blogville overwhelmingly went for Isaac, so the good Blogvillagers also have an interest in his progress! Thankfully there are quarterly updates, which I share.

Secondly, there is ANGEL, the epileptic, who also has serious skin conditions. The PDSA is a vet subsidy type of charity, helping those who want and need pets but can ill-afford the cost of their care. I get regular updates for Angel also, though not too many photos, as her skin condition causes her to be shy.

Funny Farmer Canines:  You have a number of stuffies.  Could you tell us a little about them?

YAM-aunty:  Hehehe, where do I begin?  One of my darling old clients thought I ought not to be without a dog after Jade went to the rainbow, so gave me a small stuffed Rottweiler called Benedict. Benedict came with me to India. Sadly, he never made the return journey - gone astray in the great removals of the world. Once settled here, I started adopting stuffies, mostly rescued from the shelves of the Great Swedish Barn (aka the IKKY SHOPPE). They are not all here in the furmily photo - four went AWOL.  No hugs for them for at least three days. Little by little, they are making appearances on the MENO blog and each will have their story told as time goes on.

Funny Farmer Canines:  You have been training Eric to sheep wrangle at the Blogville rodeo.  He sounds like a well-trained stuffie.  How did he do at the rodeo?

YAM-aunty:  Oh no, no training from me.  He took it upon himself to tackle Orson the Ovine all by his lonesome. Orson taught him a lesson on that one and I grounded Eric as a result. Thankfully, no furs were damaged in his silly attempts, but it could have ended in tears....[geddit? tears('tairs').] Anyhoo, I needed all the help I could get keeping the entertainment stage flowing smoothly.  He was a great help behind the scenes; much more fitting for a Guide Stuffie in Training. (Eric came to me as a token for sponsoring Isaac.)

Funny Farmer Canines:  You run the Blogville Office of Wellness and Concerns (OoWaC).  What does this office entail?

YAM-aunty:  In summary, the OoWaC is;

  •  For general health guidance, whether two or four-legged.
  •  For general counselling and life coaching, with minor private specifics where required.
  •  For words of comfort and ether-hugs.
  •  For multi-national, multi-denominational détente.
  •  For raising awareness of ecology, history and other matters which concern us.
  •  For spreading Love with the capital 'ell'".

I try to visit all Villagers' blogs, though I do not always leave my 'pawprints'.  (I'd never get anything else done!) When I don't comment, I will always click the +1 (though I guess not everyone will know it was me!) I certainly try always to reach out to those who are requiring POTP, even if I am not a regular on their blog.  That is part of OoWaC! I have a notebook filled with the names of those in need of prayer and blessing. I take that very seriously.

Funny Farmer Canines:  Your blog is not strictly a cat, dog or pet blog.  How would you describe the theme of your blog?

YAM-aunty:  The MENO blog is where I do all my Blogville stuff  as well as hang out all the other 'laundry of life'. Perhaps it might be classified as a kind of 'magazine', having a lot of variety. It began as a 'stress valve' for the mind and intellect as well as an outlet for the frustration of some pretty serious symptoms of 'menopolyxinaemia' (I have created my very own medical dictionary!)

Initially, The J's got a weekly focus and some of the ashram dogs got posts made about them. Now, I post at least three Blogville-specific items each week and the rest of the time the blog is filled with inspiration, irritation, light entertainment, serious and genuine concerns, technical meanderings, creative writings - and, intermittently, my autobiography. Something for everyone!

Thanks for your questions, Funny Farmers, it has been great fun attending this interview. Sending out Love, hugs, whiskeries, clackities, squawkkies and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Funny Farmer Canines:  Thank you, YAM-aunty.  We're not sure what "clackities" are but we send the rest right back at you.   Thank you for stopping by from My Take: Doses of Wild Yam - The Menomoirs.

NOTE:  YAM-aunty explained "clackities" in the comments --  Oh - clackities?... that is for the Crabby Girls at Sarge's place...and any other pinchy types who may drop by!

18 comments:

  1. Oh I love YAM-aunty! Just getting to know her, but she is so supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Heheheheheh oh it is funny 'seeing oneself back' - but again I thank you for this 'Farmers'. I LOVE THE NEW LOOK BLOGGY!!! (Jan must've been busy on your behalf, hope you all give her some treats for it... or at least lots of furluvin...)

    Oh - clackities?... that is for the Crabby Girls at Sarge's place...and any other pinchy types who may drop by!
    Hugs, wags, and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, interesting interview, and BTW - I am loving the new blog look and header!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have never met her before, thank you for sharing her story with us, we are going to check out her blog.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to learn more about YAM aunty! We just wonder what her accent sounds like!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      My accent?.... bit of a verbal chameleon due to so much travel - essentially a very neutral undertone, coloured by where I am and with whom I am talking; I noticed the other day that the Scottish accent is pretty much back in place - but if I talk with friends in OZ my aussie falls right back in - and after extended periods in India and Indian company, as well as speaking Sanskrit and Hindi, there is a Mumbai tinge also.... In my head, it is always Aussie... &*>

      Delete
  6. That was a great interview! YAM-aunty has had such a fascinating life. We'll go check out her blog, since we don't know her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview.
    Gail and I love Yam-Aunty and her blog.
    Toodle pip!
    PS And we have even met in the furs, which was super good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anuvver gweat innewview. Have a gweat day.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great interview!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview- nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful interview with YAM-Aunty, she is a such a wonderful part of Blogville!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to get to know YAM-Aunty better, we enjoy calling her our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, YAM-Aunty!
    We are not too sure that we have met, perhaps dog-guy has...

    You are a fascinating lady and we are now pawleased to read all about your self:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an interesting life for certain! YAM-Aunty's interview is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet Yam-Aunty ! We enjoyed reading her interview ! Let's have a look on her blog ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.