Monday, April 25, 2016

Pirate of Dry Seas



Micah:  I know you have read of my food forays before.  Despite what any furry might think, I am not a thief!  I am a pirate of the dry seas.

Cyndi:  Our readers can decide for themselves.  This is what happened on the Funny Farm Saturday.

Taylor:  Jan popped the top on the trash can and turned to grab the coffee grounds to throw away.  Micah took a big leap, grabbed a chicken leg bone from the trash and raced for the bedroom.

Cyndi:  A chicken leg has a long, thin, sharp bone. Jan was terrified he'd swallow that and she'd lose him to a perforated internal something or other.  She raced (boy, is that an exaggeration!) after him.

Marcus:  I heard the commotion and came running through the other bedroom door.  Micah sprinted past me.

Percy:  I was right behind Marcus.

Rusty:  I wanted to know what was going on, too.  Percy and I turned and ran after Marcus.

Taylor:  Marcus can be a bit aggressive at times with food so Jan switched from chasing Micah to running Marcus out the back door before he took the bone from Micah.

Marcus:  She lied!  "Come on, Marcus, let's go outside," she teased, and then she closed the door behind me.

Cyndi:  Jan reached the kitchen door just as Micah's head bobbed into the trash can for seconds.  That meant he had lost the leg bone, so who had it now?  She slammed the trash lid closed and took a quick look around the bedroom.  No bone.

Percy:  She entered the living room and it was quiet.  The only one of us in sight was Merci who was about to lie down on her bed.

Rusty:  Jan was walking by when she realized Merci's stance was a bit odd.  She was standing nose to her bed.

Taylor:  Why was Merci standing nose to bed?  Jan stopped.  Merci raised her head and - 

Merci:  I was napping on my bed when Micah and his entourage sped by.  A chicken leg flew over and hit me on the head.  Just as I was about to take a bite of my good fortune, Jan swooped it up and left me empty-pawed.

Buddy:  I was good.  I watched the circus from the comfort of Jan's bed. 


Marcus:  Did I hear someone say Jan has a chicken bone for me?

21 comments:

  1. That is scary, and Iza did that once. Took TBT an hour ta finally find the chicken bone. The funny thing is that Iza dropped it right next to the garbage can. ~ Ayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was sort of like The Great Chicken Leg hunt! My human actually keeps chicken bones in a bag in the fridge until she has a moment to put them out in the trash, They never make to the kitchen trash can because she does not want to risk a scene like the one you guys had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Crikey, you lot know how to run rings round Jan... that's not the way to earn treats you know!!! Hugs wags and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD our mom would FREAK OUT if WE got a cooked chicken leg.... you are lucky that nobuddy ate it... they can be very much Dangerous... butt just think about the nice heart rate that Jan got... a real cardio workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, what a scare! You guys are keeping your mom on her toes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. after reading this enchanting tale, i now know why your a Funny Farm.. i am thinking it was not funny for Momma, but is sure is to me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama would have had a heart attack
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny, especially because no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something about a chicken bone that makes a snatch and grab so tempting. Bentley can find one on the road and snatch it in a split second. If he moves fast, I know it is a chicken bone. LOL! I have to get it out of his mouth every time. I'm glad you were able to get to it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOL!! What excitement!!! Mama say, "Good Save, Jan!"
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I come to Georgia and live with you all for one week, bringing my video camera with me? This chicken run is the funniest yet! Plus I might get a bone myself with help from Marcus...heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are nuts!! Is Jan bald? I would be pulling my hair out with your antics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. guys...yur mom dee serves de heer roe oh de yeer a ward;

    9) for savin evereee one frum a poss a bull reel lee bad go two de eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil vet kinda situation

    w } IT WAZ BURD ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness, that must have been quite a scare for Jan... splinters from bones can be deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe next time. And maybe next time it'll be a beef roast. MOL

    Luv ya'

    Dezi

    ReplyDelete
  16. With all this racing around you must have thought you were watching the Indy 500 or something??

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! That's why the mom always throws stuff like that away in the big garbage can in the garage...where we can never get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merci, you were napping on your bed when a chicken leg flew over you and hit you on the head/ That was super fortuitous, indeed. Too bad someone went and spoiled all the fun and took it away. MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear me, what a ruckus!! And no chicken bone fur anyfur...disaster averted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.