Monday, December 05, 2016

Listening to Tendonitis


Percy:  Hey, Merci, what are you staring at?

Merci:  I'm not staring.  I'm listening to my tendonitis.

Percy:  I didn't know tendonitis could talk.  Does it sing too?

Merci:  Not on key.  It's an annoying buzzing and humming and screeching in my ears.

Percy:  Oh, if it's in your ears you mean tinnitus. Wait!  I thought you don't hear very well any more?

Merci:  I don't but I can certainly hear this.  It's giving me a headache.

Percy:  How long have you had this problem?

Merci  I don't know.  Perhaps five minutes or so.  I wish the racket would go away.

Percy:   You've only had this problem for about the last five minutes?

Merci:  Yes.

Percy:  You don't have tinnitus. You have janitis.

Merci:  That's not fatal, is it?

Percy:  If it is, we'll all go to the bridge together.  The buzzing, humming and screeching noise you've been hearing is Jan ... um, singing.  Loudly!  I think she's practicing for a caterwauling contest.

Merci:  Well, I wish she would practice somewhere else! 

Percy:   Try to imagine what it's like for those of us who aren't hearing-impaired.

Merci:  Do you know where Jan keeps the earplugs?

Percy:  I don't think she has any.

Merci:  Then let's go find Buddy.  He can reach the bag of cotton balls. 


23 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ... I am willing to lay odds that Jan is singing Christams carols... cuz I found myself singing same the other day; gave myself a shock!!! There was no warning, just suddenly... DECK THE HALLS WITH BOUGHS OF HOLLY......................................... ahem...
    hugs wags whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you have an extra pair of ear plugs. We are having the same problem over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need ear plugs BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please pass us some ear plugs too. Daddy has been singing all weekend. OMP - make it stop. Snorts with piggy laughter. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you two are pretty rough on your human!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lollololol......................we have a similar problem wif our dad, only its not singing that comes out of his mouth. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. When OUR MOM... catterwalls.... AKA Attempts to Sing...
    WE Field Dress a Stuffie and poke its "GUTS" in Our Ears...
    We WISH we had the nerve to stuff it in HER Mouth, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOL! BOL!!

    Its a good thing petcretary mostly only hums along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha! I love to sing Christmas carols and as the saying goes, "Just because I can't sing doesn't mean that I won't sing."

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh, I'll bet she was singing the unforgettable Loulou Song!!!!Better get ALOT of plugs....

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are BOL-ing at Melissa's comment!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merci and Percy my mom's ears have a wee ring in them sometimes...she would rather hear Jan singing!!
    MOL
    hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there must be an epidemic going around. My mum has been doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear!
    It must be the time of year.
    WE send purrs and hope you all survive.
    We also purr mum doesn't start!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    Thank you for your kind thoughts for Treasure.
    We miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MOL Altho' we're not sure ifin dat is funny. It doesn't seem very nice. We actually luv hearin' mommy sing to us. Big hugs fur all, includin' Jan.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you hear what I hear? Hey, with my Dad's knees making noise he sounds like 3=1/2 humans going up and down the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My tinnitus just sounds like the buzz of summer insects . It's great - I don't need a white noise generator to sleep. Tendinitis, on the other hand - I've had that too, and it doesn't sing - it SCREAMS !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is why Phoebe wears ear muffs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys are hysterical! Good for Jan, practicing like that! They say practice makes perfect, but until then, we hope Buddy really can reach those cotton balls.;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our sympathies. We try to discourage TBT from singing. It seems to sound better in his head than in ours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep. My Momma's "singing" and "dancing" could destroy two of your five senses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.