Friday, February 02, 2018

Trusty Old Blue Ball

Micah:  You look pretty intense there, Marcus.  Is the ball threatening you?


Marcus:  No, it wouldn't dare threaten me.  Can't take my eyes off it for a second, though.

Micah:  Why, would it run away if you do?

Marcus:  I was waiting for Jan to try to kick it. She's sneaky, but I'm faster than she is sneaky.

Micah:  Oh, so you were playing soccer?

Marcus:  No.  She picked it up and threw it so we played chase.

Micah:  You don't play catch?

Marcus:  Rarely.  Jan usually throws it past me so it's hard to catch.  But I am good at catching if she bounces it.

Micah:  I'm all for anything that exercises you and tires you out so you leave the rest of us alone for a few minutes.


Marcus:  Jan might have returned my red ball to Amazon (Sending Red Ball on Vacation) but I still have my trusty old blue ball with the tooth holes in it.  Oh, and by the way, the rope toy Jan accidentally threw into the tree a few months ago finally fell down into the pen.  So if this ball should happen to fall apart for no reason, I'll still have something to chase.

Micah:  So your new blue ball is now your trusty old blue ball.  Interesting.  But you do know, I hope, if this ball should happen to fall apart, it will certainly NOT be for no reason!

Marcus:  You're right.  If this ball falls apart, it will be Jan's fault.  She's awfully hard on my toys!



Percy:  Our interview this week is with Sophie, Dexter and Olive.  You can read Three Chatty Cats Chat on Mousebreath. 


We are joining the Pet Parade blog hop with hosts, Rascal and Rocco, and co-hosts  Bionic Basil, and Barking from the Bayou.

28 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Marcus, you are a dog of words and trimming them to the prevailing conditions... I hope Blue Ball lasts you for a while. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally have your special ball back Marcue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter to me what color the squeaky ball is! Whatever color it is, the ball is always MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going over right now to read the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see you with your fave ball Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Marcus, you just have to run further BEFORE Jan throws the ball, duh. But I get your drift. She is pretty hard on your toys, but your toys are pretty hard on your TEETH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for featuring us! We were thrilled to be interviewed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we were thrilled to interview you. Thanks for participating.

      Delete
  8. Get Jan to throw it more and further.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcus, I think you need to demand that Jan plays soccer with your blue ball! You get exercise, she gets exercise, and everyone else gets to relax. Win-win-win scenario! (Sorry, Jan...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, at least you have a trusty old ball to fall back on Marcus. We luv the 3 chatty casts and their new brofur. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just what is the average life expectancy of one of Marcus's balls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the red ball was less than 5 minutes. I am on #4 (indoor) and #5 (outdoor) blue balls at the moment. They have lasted a few months. The other blue balls had ... er, accidents. I get to keep my indoor balls but the outside ones are put away or I'd chew them up right away since they taste so good. Dirt is good for us, you know.

      Marcus

      Delete
    2. Saphera has a similar 'record' with squeaky toys. For some reason, she rips out the squeaker. Strangely, she doesn't do that with gigglers - she treats those like they are babies she needs to protect.... Purrseidon is the one with a ball collection, but she doesn't rip them apart.

      Delete
  12. I hope your blue ball doesn't fall apart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dood...it mite be just uz.....but yur bloo ball kinda lookz like red ball sew may bee if mom getz red ball that lookz like bloo ball then ya can all sew get one in green !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got to admire that blue ball! It's been through a lot and it just keeps going! Bear agrees that one's toys need to know their places!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you have your blue ball. I am off to read the interview, I like their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You blue ball sounds like a pawsome toy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fella has to have a favorite ball. BTW, the one I ate was my inside ball. Wilson is my most every favorite.

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Pinot love playing with my ball, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We read the post about the red ball and the mom bean said "they sure don't make things like they used to". But maybe those ball makers never met a Marcus before. They should make you the official tester 'cuz maybe then they could make a virtually indestructible ball!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like Jan IS super hard on your toys. Imagine throwin' one into a tree and gettin' it stuck up there. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a favorite little fuzzy blue and green ball that I love chasing while dad bounces it high off the walls here. Even for an older gal I still got some kitten in me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marcus. When you wrote about the demise of your red ball, we did wonder about your blue ball, and how it was holding up! Nice to know it's still there for you. :)

    We love the Three Chatty Cats, and will go and check out your interview of them now!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It pays to stick with what works!
    Have a wonderful Sunday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pawesome ball Marcus!

    Thanks for joining in The Pet Parade!

    Best purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Marcus, its amazing to see that Blue Ball is still thriving under your watchful eye(...and teeth)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.